The 129 Year-Old Vineland Hotel Still Stands
Click here for the Wahoo's Fish Taco Initial Study conducted by Martin Eli Weil, Restoration Architect for the City of Orange dated January of 2009.
"Dr. W.F. Bailey built a large addition to his residence as a hotel. It contained 14 rooms fully furnished and was named Vineland, prior to the grape blight of 1888. The two story building with a hip roof and regularly spaced sash windows. Ornamental brackets embellish the chimney but other than that, this building is simple and unadorned. Originally built on the rear of a one-story L-plan Victorian cottage, today that house is replaced by a stucco store-front commercial building which renders the original hotel building nearly invisible from the street. The hotel building remains in it's architectural state however, is barely visible from the street due to the presence of the building in front." An excerpt from the book, A Tour of Old Towne Orange 1999